Congratulations! You made it to the finish line! We are so proud of your accomplishments. You’ve achieved your goal, and now have the beautiful, healthy smile that you deserve. Thank you for choosing us to be a part of this exciting time in your life. However, your job isn’t over! In order to maintain your excellent result, you must wear your retainers exactly as instructed. A retainer is a commitment, but super easy.
Follow these simple instructions to maintain your confident smile!
- Unless we specifically tell you otherwise, wear your retainers full time. You may remove themt to eat, and to brush. Do not wear them when swimming, or playing contact sports.
- We won’t see you as often anymore, and that makes us a little sad! But, not nearly as sad as when you don’t bring your retainer to your visit. We need to see you with your retainer to check how it is fitting.
- Keep your retainer case with you. When you remove your retainers, keep them protected by placing them in your case. Replacements are expensive!
- If you notice that your retainer is not fitting properly, or is cracked or broken, call us to schedule an appointment as soon as possible.
- Clean retainers thoroughly once a day with a toothbrush, toothpaste, and warm but not hot water. Brushing retainers removes the plaque, and eliminates odors.
- At first it may be difficult to speak while wearing retainers. Practice makes perfect! Try speaking, reading, or singing (even in the shower) out loud with retainers in place to get used to them quickly.
- If retainers are lost or broken, call us immediately. If you aren’t wearing retainers, your teeth will move quickly.
- Retainers will warp and break easily. Keep your retainers away from hot water, hot cars, your pockets, the washing machine, dryers, and napkins. Treat them with the best of care, and they will last!